This brass buckle was found at a Virginia Indian village site in Caroline County on the northern Coastal Plain. It was manufactured by Europeans and traded to Virginia Indians during the early seventeenth century. Clothing and metal objects were amongst the materials exchanged in order to navigate relationships between the two groups.
1600 - 1700 C.E.
Virginia Department of Historic Resources, Richmond, VA
777 × 508