These traded glass beads come from an Early Historic period site in Prince George County on the southern Coastal Plain. Glass beads were introduced by Europeans into Native American exchange systems, which had involved trade in shell beads since the Late Archaic period. Virginia Indians used trade goods to navigate relationships with colonists during the early seventeenth century.
1600 - 1700 C.E.
Virginia Department of Historic Resources, Richmond, VA
593 × 503
Prince George County